Flintwood currently supports people with the Individual Accommodation Support Packages (IASP). IASPs are a new accommodation support option for people with a Disability that require ongoing support but do not wish to live in a full-time residential care service.
The funding is individualised, flexible and portable for people with medium to high support needs who want to live in a home of their own.
The packages of support provided by any Service Provider must not exceed the net cost of a place for a Service User with the same need profile in a 24/7 support model.
The IASP is not designed for people who need continuous or complex formal support (e.g. 24 hour or overnight staffing or nursing support).
What will the IASP provide?
The Service User, their family or Carer(s), and their Case Manager works with Flintwood to plan, manage and monitor the supports package, which may include assistance with:
- Personal care and daily living support
- Communication skills and positive behaviour supports
- Assistance with household activities including meal preparation, being a good neighbour, paying rent on time
- Maintaining social skills, and positive family and peer relationships
- Participating in leisure and recreation activities
- Getting around the community, including use of transport
- Day activities, training, employment and volunteer work
- Maintaining heath and well being
- Facilitating access to additional professional supports as required
- Budgeting and financial management
- Supporting co-ordination and / or intermediary service provision
How are applications made for Individual Accommodation Support Packages?
Contact your ADHC Regional Office to enquire about accommodation support options. Phone numbers for regional offices can be found on: www.adhc.nsw.gov.au/contact