Monday, 23 March 2020
To all Parents / Carers,
The Coronavirus Committee has once again met to discuss all of the new recommendations and orders put in place by the government.
First, I would like to clarify that at this stage, nobody within Flintwood has been diagnosed with the Coronavirus. We continue to plan, however, should an outbreak occur.
I want to update with you with what Flintwood has been implemented so far:
– Day Services will continue to be open; however, they will open with a twist!
– All sites will be set up with separate areas to enable social distancing; this can be done in many forms.
– As far as Day Service goes, Flintwood will also look at providing in-home services where possible (depending on available staff) and minimal time at the actual Day Service.
– To clarify, the Day Service will only close if there is a confirmed diagnosis of Covid-19 from a Participant or an employee
– Flintwood has increased the level of PPE equipment and infection control procedures
– Temperature Checks and Hand Sanitiser have been implemented across all sites
– Participants will be turned away if they have a temperature or have flu-like symptoms (this obviously is not the case in Accommodation)
– No family members will be allowed on site – this includes Accommodation
Can I also ask if any Parents / Carers to keep the plastic containers for hand sanitisers (if you have any) as we will utilise them?
I would also like to take this opportunity to put your mind at rest and assure you Flintwood has plentiful stocks of Personal Protective Equipment and Cleaning Products and are in constant communication with our suppliers who have told us there are no problems with ordering more supplies.
If anybody wants to know any further information, please contact myself on 0403 130446 or NSW Health on 1300 066055.
Thank you again for your support and understanding with this,